Martha Merrell’s Bookstore in historic downtown Waukesha, Wisconsin is owned and operated by Norm and Eve Bruce. They purchased the store in 1996 and have held the pulse of this community in the palm of their hands ever since.
What makes them stand out from the crowd?
Norm and Eve have become renowned for their author dinners, which are based on themes and settings from the featured author's book. This program has established a loyal following.
Just look at the place in full action!
The menu that night:
- Chilled pear soup with fresh basil
- Mixed greens w/raspberry vinaigrette
- Chicken breast w/salsa and jack cheese
- golden potatoes and roasted vegetables
- Apple gingersnap crunch (from the book)
And next time you're in the Milwaukee area, be sure to stop in!
* REMINDER: One lucky commenter this month will receive a $10 gift certificate to Martha Merrell’s. The more comments you leave, the more chances you have to win!