We are giving away a book a day in December! Today, we’re giving away a signed copy of The Girl with the Dachshund Tattoo, the sixth book in the "Pampered Pets Mystery" series and a Woof you a Merry Christmas tree ornament. Remember to leave a comment and include your email.
The Reason for the Season
by Melinda Langston from the Pampered Pets Mysteries
I don’t know about you, but I find it all too easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of actives during the holidays—addressing Christmas cards, hanging lights, decorating the tree, more holiday parties than there are weekends in December, and finding just the right gift for my loved ones. The hectic pace of “the spirit of Christmas” can quickly overshadow what the holiday season is really about, or at least what I think the holidays are about. You know, spending time with those we care about. Being present in the moment. Showing our gratitude for what we have.
My beloved bulldog, Missy, and I are curled up on the couch, in front of a crackling fire, counting our blessings.
Okay, I’m counting our blessings, Missy is snoring.
Here’s the short list:
- As dysfunctional as we are, and trust me, the Langston family is flawed, I’m grateful for my family.
- My best friend Darby who always has my back, especially when she knows I’m making bad choices.
- My cousin Caro, even though we’re still not talking to each other, it’s comforting to have her near.
- A thriving business, which allows me the opportunity to live in a charming beachside community like Laguna Beach.
- And you. The readers who follow our adventures. Caro and I are so very thankful that you choose to spend your free time with us. Thank you!
What about you? Leave a comment (don't forget to include your email ) about what you’re grateful for and you’ll be entered into the drawing for a signed copy of The Girl with the Dachshund Tattoo and a Woof you a Merry Christmas tree ornament.
Happy Holidays everyone!