From Roxanne Bloom, owner of The Bean Hive coffee shop in Honey Springs, Ky
(Roxanne Bloom is from the Killer Coffee Mystery Series written by USA Today Bestselling Author Tonya Kappes)
Almond Honey Tea Cookies
1 c. Butter Flavor Crisco
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. almond extract
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
2/3 c. chopped, slivered almonds
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream Butter Flavor Crisco, milk, honey and almond extract in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in granulated sugar.
3. Combine flour, almonds and salt. Mix into creamed mixture. Shape dough into balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies will not brown. Do not over bake.
6. Roll slightly warm cookie in confectioners' sugar. Roll in confectioners' sugar again when cookies are cool.