Monday, December 16, 2013
You know it’s Christmas in the South when y'all hear…
-Now where ever did I put Grandma’s redeye gravy recipe
-You be sure now to put extra slices of pineapple on that ham and do put a cherry in each hole
-BethAnn’s cards this year didn’t have y’all on it anywhere, what is this world comin’ to
-I might have fell out of the magnolia getting the best leaves but I do declare the wreath on my front door the prettiest ever
-Run up in the attic and fetch Granddaddy's old Mardi Gras vest. It'll be perfect for your Wise Man costume
- If you don't shape up, Santa's going to bring you switches and coal or Southern Mississippi football tickets!
- I'm fixin to pick up some Captain Morgan's for Nana's fruitcakes. You know she can't do it herself on account of being Baptist and all
- Run out back and help your Daddy load Old Jake on the trailer to carry him over to the Live Nativity
- Aunt Dora Rae's on the phone. She wants to know what kind of Cokes you want her to bring to the party
- "I had my stockings monogrammed to match my tree skirt, and the tree skirt monogrammed to match my apron, and then, they monogrammed the dog's bed for free! It really is the most wonderful time of the year!
- I'm wearing my new sweater dress to the party, so I hope they have the AC cranked, or I'll just melt!
- Sarah Beth, where is the Santa hair bow we bought at the Junior League Mistletoe Market? - Not the sparkly green one or the one with jingle bells or the one with snowflakes or the one with …
-We're simplifying things this year and only puttin' up one tree in the family room, two in the dining room, one in the kitchen, one in the bedroom and a small pink tree in the powder room. Oh yeah, and the kid's have their trees in their rooms, but that's all. Nice and simple
- Darlin', can I borrow your Grandma's punch bowl for the egg nog? I'm going to put the sherbet punch in mine
- "Mama, what's snow?"
- I have Lenox Holiday, but my sister has the Spode Christmas Tree. I suwannee, it's like we came from different parents!
- When in doubt, spray paint it, fry it, or stick a bow on it!
Submitted by Duffy Brown