GIVEAWAY IS OVER AND WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED AND PRIZE SENT.
CONGRATULATIONS TO JNALPATH!
Welcome back to the Bean Hive Coffeehouse. I'm delighted you're here. I'm Roxanne Bloom, but you can call me Roxy. All my friends call me Roxy. That's my adopted fur baby, Pepper.
There never seems to be a good time to plan. I own the coffeehouse and he's the president of Cane Construction. I've got my hands full with the Neewollah Festival. It's a fun three day festival that takes place along the boardwalk and the beach on Lake Honey Springs in front of the Cocoon Inn.
My new salted caramel coffee blend is going to be the rave of the festival along with my hand pies that are made to perfection with the help of local ingredients like seasonal fruit I purchase from the Hill's Orchard and the fresh honey from the Bee Farm located on the island across from the boardwalk.
Apparently, this land developer wants to build one of those fancy gold course resorts on the island. I'd also heard Camey Montgomery, the owner of the Cocoon Inn~Honey Springs only hotel, is beside herself and trying to do everything in her power to stop the developers. . .everything shy of killing someone.
Anyways, it was nice chatting with you. I've got to head on over to see Babette at All About The Details. She's got my bride and groom costume Patrick and I are going to wear to the costume party on the beach for the festival. Or is there something else behind those costumes?
I can't tell you what's up my sleeve, but I'll definitely keep you posted over coffee. I've got to get my special SOUTHERN COMFORT CASSEROLE in the oven. Scroll down to grab the recipe. It's perfect for fall nights.
Before you go, tell me about a festival you love to go to in the comments and win the fun prize pictured below of all four books already published in the KILLER COFFEE MYSTERY SERIES. Be sure to leave your email address in the comment so I can give you a ring-ding if you win! Good luck~
Preorder your copy of DECAFFEINATED SCANDAL, Book 5 in the bestselling KILLER COFFEE MYSTERY SERIES. Plus there are a ton of southern recipes.
I'd love for you to follow me on Facebook where I spend my days with readers. We have a lot of fun with weekly giveaways! Come on and connect with me by clicking here >>>> https://www.facebook.com/authortonyakappes/
Southern Comfort Casserole
1 lb ground beef or choice of meat
1 box elbow macaroni (I use gluten free because Eddy is gluten free)
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
28 ounce can diced tomato
1 can of chili peppers if desired
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ chopped onion
3 minced garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Spray Pam in a casserole dish. Dish depends on how much you make. This recipe is for a standard casserole dish.
3. Bring two cups of water to a boil and make elbow noodles.
4. While the noodles are boiling, add the olive oil to a skillet and sauté the onions and garlic over medium heat for about three minutes.
5. Add the ground beef to the skillet with the onion and garlic mix.
6. Once the beef has browned, add in all the cans and simmer until the mixture thickens up.
7. Drain the macaroni once it’s soft and dump it into the casserole dish.
8. Once the beef mixture thickens up, add it to the casserole dish and mix in with the macaroni.
9. Add the cheese on top and put in the oven for about 15 minutes or cheese melts.