My husband, Michael, has a birthday coming up soon as well, and I'm pretty much stymied on what to get him. The best present we could get, of course, would be a plus-sign on my next pregnancy test, but given our luck with that recently, I'm not holding out much hope.
To say Michael and I are low on funds would be an understatement, so I have to think cheap. Maybe if I tell you all a little more about him, you can help.
- He grew up in Cannon Beach, Oregon, but has lived in Seattle for about five years. So he's a Pacific Northwesterner to the bone.
- He loves, and I mean LOVES to cook. Since we've decided to keep our shared kitchen vegetarian, he's learning a lot more about vegetarian cooking. His vegan fudge brownies are out of this world.
- He doesn't love cleaning. My mother once told me she'd seen mountain gorillas with better housekeeping skills than Michael, and she wasn't joking! Match off-the-chart messiness with a love of cooking, and our kitchen often looks like the aftermath of a cafeteria food fight.
- He drinks Guiness. A lot of it.
- He owns a pet supply store called Pete's Pets, and he loves animals, especially Bella, our German shepherd, and Mouse, our polydactyl cat.
- He hates it when I get involved in murder investigations, but since I helped get him out of jail last year, he's a little more accepting of that.
- He's a bit of a pushover, which is probably why he's put up with me these past few years. He can act a little cranky at times, but he would do anything for a friend, and he has a lot of them.
- When he's happy, he breaks out in show tunes. Don't tell him this, but he almost always sings out of tune.
- He's the love of my life!
Murder Likes It Hot!