#Giveaway - A SEASONS READINGS GIVEAWAY by Samantha Washington from The Mystery Bookshop Mystery Series by V. M. Burns
Happy Holidays! My name is Samantha Washington. You may have read about my adventures in the Mystery Bookshop Mystery Series by V. M. Burns. I’m excited to celebrate my first Christmas as the owner of Market Street Mysteries. Owning a bookshop that specialized on mysteries had been a dream that my late husband, Leon, and I shared for many years. Unfortunately, we never dreamed it was possible. Leon was a cook and I was a high school English Teacher in the small town of North Harbor, Michigan. When Leon died, he encouraged me to follow my dreams. So, I quit my job, sold the house and used the insurance money to buy a building and open the bookstore we’d always dreamed about. I also dreamed about writing British historic cozy mysteries. To fill the lonely nights after Leon’s death, I started writing. I’ve found that it helps focus my thoughts which has helped solve a few mysteries.
When I think about Christmas, baked goodies, cookies, cakes, pies, I love them all. Thankfully, my assistant, Dawson Alexander loves to bake. His cookies, brownies, lemon squares and other baked goods are gaining a reputation not only with the customers at the bookstore, but in the community. It’s been great for business, even if it’s not good for my waistline. When I was young, we would bake cookies and leave them out (with a glass of milk, of course) for Santa. What a thrill to wake up Christmas morning and find our cookies were gone. Now that I’m older, I prefer a slightly more adult indulgence with my baked goods. Below is a recipe for hot chocolate with Baileys and Peppermint Schnapps. For a kid friendly version, skip the Baileys and Schnapps.
Hot Chocolate with Baileys and Peppermint Schnapps
- 2 cups milk
- 2 shots of Baileys (about 3 oz).
- 1 Shot of Peppermint Schnapps (1.5 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Candy Canes
1. Add milk to a small sauce pan on Medium Heat; stir and heat until milk comes close to a boil.
2. Stir in cocoa powder, sugar and salt; stir until lumps dissolve.
3. Stir in Baileys and Peppermint Schnapps; remove from heat.
4. Serve in coffee mugs topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and insert a candy cane.
What do you like to drink with your Christmas treats? Leave your favorite holiday beverage in the comments for a chance to win a paper copy of my newest Mystery Bookshop Mystery, BOOKMARKED FOR MURDER (US ONLY). Got a killer recipe you want to share? Feel free to leave that too.
PLEASE read and follow these guidelines for the giveaway…
1. Answer the question and give your name/nickname and some form of your email address (eg youremail @ yourserver dot com).
2. Entries accepted until midnight, December 8th (Note: if it is after midnight, December 6th your comment will go in a moderation queue to be approved the next day).
Follow V. M. Burns: